Licensed and Bonded Vehicle VIN Verification
Vintage and modern cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles and more

Licensed and Bonded Vehicle VIN Verification


You are probably here because you were told that your vehicle requires a VIN verification in order to title and register it in California. If so, you're in the right place. I am bonded and licensed by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles as a VIN Verifier and am here to help with the process but please be sure to read the selections below where they relate to your specific needs. Remember, if you make an appointment for a verification and the vehicle is not verifiable for any reason when I get there, full payment is still required so I hope that the notes below will help save that unnecessary expense. If you have questions specific to the verification, be sure to send me an email including as many details as you can about the vehicle(s), such as Make, Model, Body Style, Year AND, very important, the VIN.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be SURE you have proper supporting documents before scheduling your appointment as no VIN verifier can perform a verification without them. I need either the title, a registration card (even if expired) or an MSO, also known as a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin which is like a vehicle's birth certificate. If you do not have one of these, contact the manufacturer or dealer to obtain it as they are required to supply at least the MSO if neither of the others are available. I can use a scan or copy but the DMV will require the original before your registration can be finalized.

Every vehicle is different and not all can be verified by a licensed VIN verifier so to be assured of a successful verification, some groundwork on your part is required which will save you both money and time. For details of what you need to do, please select the applicable sections below.

-> The purpose of a verification

-> Basic Vehicle requirements PLEASE READ COMPLETELY!

-> What I can verify?

-> What I cannot verify

-> Verifying motorcycles

-> Verifying recreational vehicles (RVs)

-> Verifying trailers, mobile homes and tiny homes

-> Verifying vintage vehicles

-> Verifying vehicles for other states


I am a private individual rather than a business and am licensed through the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) but I am not an employee or in any way related to that government entity. I am a vintage car owner and have been all my life but I am not affiliated with any business, such as a car dealership, lease or finance company, insurance, repossession company or anything else and I am totally and one hundred percent free-lance without any conflict of interest.


It is important to clarify that neither the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) nor the CHP (California Highway Patrol) charges a fee for a VIN verification. However, neither the DMV nor the CHP travels to your vehicle so you must be prepared to drive or trailer it to them.